It has been a while since I have posted. The journey continues with more waiting these days. I don't know about Rob, but I seem to constantly think about the cancer and wonder if it has left his body....for good. When I look at his chest, I try to imagine the cancer gone and a clear scan. But, deep down there is a fear of the unknown...the possibility that it is still lingering. It is probably at the front of my mind more these days because we seem to be surrounded by cancer. Within the preschool and kindergarten classes at our school, there are at least 6 students that I know of that have a parent or grandparent fighting for their life as they battle cancer. It is weird....the emotions and feelings seem to resurface for us when we hear of someone else that has learned of cancer or has had a cancer scare. You just can't seem to get away from it. Maybe it will get easier, but right now it still seems so hard.
Rob is doing well and he tells me that he feels good. He still seems to tire very easily and has days where he feels wiped out. BUT, I have to remind myself that he has been through so much and his body has basically been poisoned with drugs to kill the cancer. It will take a while before Rob is fully recovered and truthfully, the recovery process is just beginning. He is working full-time and has already traveled with work, so I am sure his body is not only fighting the cancer but it is fighting the toxins that have been flushed through his body over the last several months.
Cancer is a powerful thing...but not as powerful as prayer and faith. So, when I worry or feel defeated from this journey, I try to give my anxieties to God and pray for peace and strength. I keep saying that I just want to put all of this behind us, but in reality it will never really be behind us. It - Cancer - will forever be a part of our life. It is not our life, but it is most definately a part of it.
Please take a moment to join me in thanking God for the healing that He has given Rob already and ask Him to continue to touch Rob with his healing hands. Rob will have a follow-up appointment with the radiation Doctor on 4/22, a PET Scan on 4/27, blood work on 5/1 and an appointment with the Oncologist (to learn the results) on 5/5. The waiting and the unknown seem to always be the most stressful part for me. Who am I kidding? All of it is stressful.
Please continue to lift Rob and our family up in prayer. I have said it before, but I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate all of you. I will keep you posted of the results....God is Good!!
Love and Blessings -
Susie
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.