Friday, October 10, 2008

Today's Report

It has been a few days since my last Rob report. Yesterday we visited Dr. Braden and he offered us information and consultation on Rob's stage of cancer. He has labeled this Lymphoma as Primary Mediastinal Large B Cell Lymphoma. Rob is in Stage 2BE. Mediastinal refers to the location of Rob's tumor. Stage 2 is because of the size of the tumor, B indicates Rob is experiencing symptoms (i.e. night sweats, coughing, some pain in the chest, fatigue, etc) and E means that there is extranodal involvement (that area of the chest -where the tumor is - has many lymph nodes). The prognosis is 70-80% survival rate. Dr. Braden felt it may even be slightly better for Rob because the tumor is localized. This is great news!!!

Rob's next Chemo treatment will take place October 27th and will occur every 3 weeks for a total of at least 6 cycles, possibly 8.

Rob is doing well...the last couple of weeks have been hard for him...some pain, some weakness and fatigue. He is however in good spirits and ready to kick this. He looks great (of course, I am biased!) and has very good color.

I continue to worry about Rob, but I know that he will get through this. I know, if anyone can beat this, it is Rob. He is not one to give up and he LOVES a challenge. So, yes....God has given us a challenge and even though at times I feel like we really received the short straw this time...I know He does not give us anything we can't handle. I also know that this is one of life's lessons and God is teaching us to trust in Him and place all of our fears, worries and anxiety in Him. And although this is so much easier to say than it is to actually do, I know we are surrounded by so much love, support and prayers that we can face this challenge, conquer it and become even stronger

"He brought me out to a wide-open place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."
Psalm 18:19

Thank you for your continued prayers, love and support.

Love, Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.